Sunday, January 6, 2013

Hockey is back...DUCKS HOCKEY that is

If there is one word to describe How I feel right is Happy....Happiness in knowing Crisis that is NHL Lockout has been put to rest. Hearing that both sides League and PA has reached a Tentative Deal has me smiling at the fact we will see our Ducks once again battle 29 other teams including our Enemies that are LA,Detroit,San Jose,Edmonton and others in a 48 game schedule that seems no more then sprint to the finish. All the talk and the pessimism had many frustrated others suggesting a Purist way to "Cleanse" The league by contraction which I oppose. 113 Days I felt was no more then a Delay for the Ducks in celebrating 20th year in NHL and having New Blood hone their skills and earn their place within the "Ducks Cause". I never sense there was any sort of greed but I felt this Lockout was more bout "office Politics" then what my fellow citizens assume their old narrative is when the crisis start. First thing first's for our Ducks and like any start of the season there is a reason to Hope,be Positive and get amped up.Here are 3 things I look forward this short season. 1.Re-signing Getzlaf and Perry:Both of them are our Ducks Leaders and they need to be re-signed Longterm For it will be a Blow to our Ducks If both decide to go elsewhere 2.Developing within: If it means having other New Blood Young Guns like Etem,Holland and Vatanen hone their skills be it with Admirals or earn a spot with the Ducks then I am all for it. First I though Etem was a shoe-in due to his 50 goal season but it's clear he may need some seasoning....If the Ducks decide to place him on the roster after training Camp I would not be surprise for I have hopes for Etem. 3.Hit the Ground Running:48 games or 50 now is the time for the Ducks to set things in tone and open a New Chapter of our team's History we know what the first line may look like but how many New Blood Ducks will be injected to infuse some Energy and Hunger I am hoping they can move this team forward no more no less. Finally there is one thing I need to say that is....Trades. I do not feel Trading Bobby Ryan is the answer it's annoying and bugs many since he is important part of the Ducks and for Ducks Nation worldwide. Rest assure when the Puck Drops we will see alot of maybe several new faces most within Ducks System who are earning their stripes within AHL....I don't know bout you but I say two words to those who read this from O.C and elsewhere GO DUCKS!. DuckPride 4ever MooseDuck

No comments:

Post a Comment