Saturday, March 11, 2017

10 Years ago This Week!: My First Anaheim Ducks Trip Pt1.

Tomorrow our Anaheim Ducks will honor and celebrate 2007 Stanley Cup Champion Anaheim Ducks,a Team assemble that not only Won their First Stanley Cup, But the FIRST in California History........It made me realize how long it was ago, yet it felt like yesterday for all Ducks Fans World Wide including those who have followed,supported and cheer this team since Day1. For me Personally Mar9th and 11th holds special symbolic importance to me. They were the First NHL Games I attended not to mention First time I travel to California to see a team I have Passionately follow for 14years back then.

Many of you who read this know me full well of my positive Realistic views on this team...From some "Epic" Posts on Ducks Message Board to meeting me each year. One thing is certain the Trip all those years ago was life changing event that made me who I am today.....Lifelong Friends I have made on the West Coast of USA something I never ever took for granted to this day.I remember months prior making that Decision. 26 years old working to support myself I had gone through tough times in my personal life growing up as someone of Color in east Coast Canada it was Rough and unpleasant. I am not going to get into my life it something I don't want to talk about about which I know My Friends in Orange County Ca,Idaho,Virginia,Maine and Western Canada will not understand. Anyways I have been a Major Ducks MB Poster in the past 14 years back then...At that time Facebook,Twitter and few others social medias were not founded are produce at that time. Ducks Message Board was by far only way to communicate,talk,debate and agree to disagree on the Anaheim Ducks be it Plays,Strategies and games....some use Logic others Passionate....For me personally it was a Mix of Passion/Opinions that makes me abit of a Zealot.


Remembering well when I had over 20'000 Plus Posts back then One of the Ducks MB Posters named "JiggytotheCup" ask me I Should travel to Anaheim sometime. His suggestion made me wonder but ask the question clearly.."Should I go and see the team?". Keep in mind though back then Traveling was never on my radar...Only time I travel was with family....Major one was to Hong Kong for a Big Family Wedding....Trust me i have a Big Family...Anyhow I was left wondering bout his suggestion. It was then I realize a Opportunity was presented to me and Ducks Zealous Fan in me realize...IF I was to make the most of it I need to start Planning by saving Money and checking up on Hotels to stay at...searching many websites from several Orange County websites and some sleepless nights lead me to Ayres Inn Hotel across from the Honda Center. It was my first Choice due to it's close proximity..the Airport I choose was LAX back then I did not knew you could fly from Halifax to Newark to JWA.....IF I had known I would have choose JWA instead of that "Fortress"....after few months I told my Family I want to go on trip.

I had my parents sit down with me in Dec...Told them both it was time for me to have some time off(Vacation). My Dad look at me "Great when do you plan to go to Toronto". I said "No I am not"..."What place you want to go" My Mom spoke a little curious about where I plan to go....I look at both and told them "I want to West Coast and see the Ducks"..They both look at me My Dad spoke "That's expensive you know how Expensive it bee to stay in Vancouver". I answer "No I am not going to Van".....again another Deep Breath "I am going to see Anaheim Ducks at the Pond in Anaheim".....There was long pause "Your throwing your Opportunity for vacation away, It's too Expensive in California" they said to me....I told them my gut tells me I have to go....I wanted to go so much. I look at both of them saying "It will be Best experience something I need to do, Maybe it won't be good". I spoke to them including my Dad i spoke with My Uncle in Ventura who will allow to stay for 4 days while I stay in Anaheim for 3 Days..."You either let me find myself or come with me to California". My Dad decided to rose to the occasion using his first year of retirement to visit My Uncle.


Flying to California was positive experience it never seize to amaze me at the Beautiful Country I landed in LAX met my Uncle there along with My dad we greet each other and getting use to the climate it was something special that I had good feeling about...Till next day I will be going to a Place that I will Call my 2nd Home...:) TBC

DuckPride 4ever
MooseDuck




No comments:

Post a Comment