Saturday, September 23, 2017

Symbolic Importance of Ducks Hockey Autograph

As many of you know or have done over the years As I have during the 8 years I made a Pilgrimage to see Anaheim Ducks 2007-2015 is get the autographs of several players be it Getzlaf,Perry or Fowler to Ducks Legend Teemu Selanne,Giguere Original Ducks Like Yake,Grimson,Hebert and few others. Now to me personally and I like to share my view of the importance the symbolic need of getting a Players be it Ducks,NHLer or other athletes is more then just "Selling" it for Cash. Getting their Autograph,Pic and chat with them is symbolic gesture of us in a non-verbal way of thanking them for their effort. Having that name that signature on your Ducks Uni,Hat,T-shirt,Book and Hockey Card tells us of that player who will contribute no matter how big or small to the Ducks Cause. Need for it is and always been knowing well you met that Player talk to him and saw him win the Stanley Cup with your team or broke a NHL Record.

Having that Autograph means alot to all Ducks Fans....be it young or old or someone new to the sport of Hockey or Anaheim Ducks Themselves having that name that Signature is something you remember forever. For example 10 years ago when I flew to see Anaheim Ducks for the first time I got autographs of Selanne,Giguere,Niedermayer Bros,Marchant,Andy Macdonald,Sami Pahlsson,Bryzgalov,Brad May,Joe Dipenta,Randy Carlyle,Chris Pronger and others. those Names are forever etch in my Ducks Uni and it's symbolism represents Immortality in Hockey and Sports in general...For many of us who follow the Ducks take a moment and look at the names...Read them and you will remember their faces,skills,Goals,Saves and the good and the bad...........Why I ask it's simple we witness their efforts over 25 years. I did in Halifax,listening on Internet Radio and watching them on TV. Being there and getting the Autos and see how other Ducks Fans got them I know their influence has left many Ducks Fans with Motivation and inspiration to improve their lives.

Cause when we see those Names....they are MORE then just autographs as I Say before it's Our way...DUCKS Fan way of saying "Thank You".

DuckPride 4ever
MooseDuck

No comments:

Post a Comment