Friday, December 30, 2011

Ducks and J-S Giguere:Old Friend returns

If there is one game i circle on the calender of 2011-2012 season it's a return of one of the most important Goalies in Ducks history making appearance after 2 years traded back in 2010. Jiggy as many Ducksfans including myself has always called him remember the effort,desire,willingness to give it his all during the Ducks rise towards Winning the Stanley Cup and achieving eternal glory that day. Alltime leader in wins,Shutouts and Games Played he not only cemented his mark on the Ducks but all of Ducks Nation especially in Orange County in general. For me personally Giguere traded to the Ducks in Year 2000 was symbolic...It connected the City of Halifax to Anaheim. He along with Joe Dipenta,Marc Chounaird and later years Bryce Swan,George Davis and Logan MacMillan lead me to create my nickname "MooseDuck". Why the name it's a connection between a team I followed since 1993 and a Hometown Junior team that has churn out successful NHL Players in the past.

It was not long at less 3 years later He started to establish himself as Ducks starter and made his mark within Ducks Fan base at the Ponda. 2003 Stanley Cup Playoffs where he guided a upstart then-Mighty Ducks to a upset of Detroit,Dallas and a sweep of Vancouver. I remember till this day seeing him without his Ducks Goalie Mask and raising his glove with puck in hand. Definite as he and our team was back then. Even though Ducks Did not win in the heartbreaking loss in Game 7 vs NJ it was his wins and shutouts that earn him Playoff MVP and respect from Ducks fans across the world.

But the thing that really made me proud of Giguere was in 2007...Year of the Duck as I call it. His contributions along with Pronger,Niedermayer Bros,Getzlaf,Perry and Teemu along with Pahlsson and a Interesting Goalie named Bryzgalov began the Ducks raise towards success and on June 6th 2007*Day of Great Victory* Ducks WON their First Stanley Cup. There were so many moments for me personally i think getting his autograph and talking to him made me appreciate that fact he not only played on my favorite team but years ago was a simple Canadian Teen chasing his dream by playing for the Halifax Mooseheads.

Tomorrow on New Year's eve i encourage all Ducksfans who read this via Twitter or Facebook to give Giggy a Salute and Standing O. He help the Ducks become a power and our team along with Fanbase came of age that Day. Without him we would have not be able to be where we are. It was this connection that played in one of 3 key things that made me register on Ducks Message Board 10 years ago. I can tell you this I am proud to call Giguere the GREATEST Ducks Goalie in history of the team and Ducks Nation. Till then I can't wait for this game and Ducks to Finish 2011 on positive Note!.

DuckPride 4ever
MooseDuck

No comments:

Post a Comment