Saturday, December 31, 2011

Anaheim Ducks 2011 Year in Review:Message to All Ducks fans!

2011 in my honest opinion will be remember not for it's success our Ducks endure....But the struggles they face. They waning days of this year has been a reminder that nothing was easy nor should be taken for granted this team has a tall task at hand. Many things have happen most good,others sometimes bad from Ducks earning spot in 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs to Corey Perry becoming first Duck to win Hart Trophy and 2nd Duck to win Rocket Trophy not to mention 3rd in team history to reach 50 Goal Mark. Low points has been lack of depth and losses mounting due to inabilities of the Ducks rally together be it holding leads or overcoming our rivals within Pacific Division. Worst lowest moment would be death of a former Duck, Ruslan Salei aka Rusty to some who word Ducks Logo with honor,Pride and Duty for 10 years was a Defencemen i always respect and truly admire.

Like many Prospects before who develop I always give him and others a chance and benefit of a doubt. His efforts are memorable including the OT Goal in Game 3 of Stanley Cup Finals in 2003. His passing hit all of us hard including myself who witness that moment 8 years ago. Yet i know Ducks Nation will hold him dear in our hearts as always.Another Low point is definitely the Recent losing skid and collapse in 2nd and 3rd months of Ducks 11-12 Season...Call it rebuilding call it worst season in my own opinion this is a MESS plain and simple. If you ask me I believe Front Office has relied too much on certain players with inexperience to lead them back to the top. It's one thing to have all Offensive team but it's another to have a team that is very imbalance.

Once More I must speaks of Ducks Positive in 2011 one is overcoming Hiller's inaction due to Vertigo by bringing in Ellis and Emery too good goalies who gave this team a shot in clinching their 8th Stanley Cup Playoff berth...Without them Ducks may have a long struggle ahead with questions asked.Hiller's vertigo was focal point for many some wonder what's up with him others believe it's best to go with Emery during the offseason. But with Hiller announcing he is back Ducks choose to go with him. To this moment that choice is now question......Hiller has not been himself nor he seems to not bee the goal we though he was. For example allowing a two goals in 10secs really makes this Die hard Ducksfan wonder if he is really 100%

I will not lie to anyone especially all of you when I say I am deeply disappointed in Hiller and the way things have gone about this season. Since Low points have been address I think it's needed to tell of High points within the Ducks One being that of Corey Perry who made transition of Super pest to goal scorer. His skills are amazing and his hat tricks were numerous i had to list them down before i can update My Ducks History Book. Scoring 50 Goals,Earning Hart Trophy MVP and Rocket Richard was special...It was historic. But I cannot leave out two important events of 2011. That i being Ducks Legend Teemu Selanne....Opening at Home where he is a Hero let alone popular Player in Finland. Seeing my friends pics where they visit Finland made me adopt Jokerit as my team in Finland to Follow, Why you ask? well for me it's best to be open minded and not be closed minder as some of my Canadian Citizens have been in the past. another event special to Teemu was his return to Winnipeg. A place where he started his NHL Career before his arrival to Anaheim tribute by the Jets made me appreciate him more He is loved not only by the Ducks but Hockey Fans in Winnipeg.

As many Ducksfans look back and hope for the best in 2012 I have important message to many who read this....Stay strong Don't let the losing season get to you, DON'T let ANYONE be it Hockey Trolls on Facebook,Twitter or Ducks Message Board tell you it can be done. If the Ducks can have a strong finish and Either Make it or NOT in the Playoffs This team shows it can be resilient. For me Personally 11-12 season is troubling,Worrisome and diffcult but it's a stark reminder that for our Ducks to RISE again they must be able to have this Generation of Ducks endure the trials of setting things right. Remember the Past with Unique and expectational Pride. Know the present is full fo challenges that need to be address...But always always hope for the future. Till then I wish you all from Ducks Message Board+Facebook+Twitter a Happy New Year 2012...I will come to Orange County and I believe after this season Ducks WILL RISE again and be stronger!.

DuckPride 4ever
MooseDuck

No comments:

Post a Comment