Sunday, January 8, 2012

hockey is for Everyone!

Hello to all who is reading my Blogs and my thoughts...Hope you all enjoy the New Year's Holiday and the recent Ducks Win against lowly Long Island Team near New York. 11-22-6 maybe not what we want from the Ducks..I am sure they do not themselves. But first thing's first. I think with all that happen in Hockey in the past year or so i felt it was necessary to draw a resolution for what i want to do in 2012...One of them is writing this post down. I believe in my heart that Hockey is for Everyone, I reject the notion that is Hockey is "Canada's Game" Sure Hockey is born in Canada and has provide excellent and respect players from Mario to Patrick Roy and Great One...But I feel that in our changing times it's best to celebrate success and Pride in seeing Hockey enjoy by those beyond the Border of my Nation. You know my allegiance and Loyalty to the Ducks...some of you know that my Passion for this team borders on Zeal. After Ducks won their First Stanley Cup...I took it upon myself to follow Nation Jr,Nation teams and even a Finnish team in Finland to see what similarities they have...I came to a conclusion that All People,Canadian,American,Finnish,Swede even in Hong Kong love this sport and follow teams that inspire and have a everlasting imprint on them for rest of their lives. 2012 will mark 6th time and in five years I will be going to see the Ducks.

Five years is long but it change me in a different way. Knowing people who love the sport and appreciated it as much as I do make me see the world differently especially for Americans who love this great team sport. Looking at the way people down south and talking to those in Finland and Sweden makes me proud to be Canadian...I believe in my heart that Canadians should look at seeing how the world enjoy the game we created and pass to the other Nations. Having the sport be exclusive and not inclusive as many of my fellow Canadians see with this "Bring the Cup back to Canada" Mentality is BS and absurd. Due in part that Canada has it's citizens playing and living in the United States to Promote the sport.

So what if Americans and other nations do not follow the game as my country do so passionately. Sometimes i wonder if the arrogance and obnoxious of my citizens of cloud the judgement of many...Let alone talk down to those especially American Hockey fans in general. It's sad and at times it's a reality that i grew up and knowledge a long time ago.....I always will remain true to the Ducks and Ducks Cause don't ask me to follow any of the NHL Canadian Teams I hate them all especially some fans...Only Canadian teams I will follow is in the AHL be it Toronto Marlies or CHL teams like Ottawa 67's or SeaDogs and Mooseheads.

We as I mean those within Canada should see the sport of Hockey is exclusive....they should see it played and won by cities in USA,Europe elsewhere as result of my spread of Joy and a gift to the world. You ask why do I not know follow this stereotypes of my fellow citizens. It's because i am reminded that not all sports should exclusive and that we as Canadians must be proud to see how our Sport has develop and grow beyond our borders. For me that is what being a Canadian is about Hockey being played in United States,Finland and elsewhere...Following are the teams that I have decided to root,support and stand with:

1.Anaheim Ducks:As always through thick and thin good or bad I will support the Ducks 110%.
2.Finnish World Hockey team:2011 World Hockey Champions love the talent on the team hope they repeat.
3.Everett Silvertips:Successful American Junior franchise like what i see even though they are in a slump.
4.American Junior Hockey team:Won WJC gold in 2004 and 2010 have a great future and a program that produce alot of good players.
5.Toronto Marlies:Hate the Leafs but i admit i tolerate their farm teams especially when it was based in St John's.

No Matter if you agree or disagree with my view I am always Anaheim Ducks fans and a Hockey Nut in regards to this great sport. What i denounce is this Anti-American BS that some spew in my country...If they don't respect what Finns,Swedes or Americans have done they are narrow minded Fools.

DuckPride 4ever
MooseDuck

No comments:

Post a Comment