Friday, June 6, 2014

June 6 2007:Ducks Won the Stanley Cup and D-Day

7 years ago and it seems like yesterday still...I remember watching it on tv seeing the players all who I got to autograph my Ducks Uni months prior. The Joy,Happiness and the tears of pride When the final buzzer sound. To me personally and I know Ducks fans in Orange County California. It was 14 years of struggle,perseverance and overcoming obstacles be it mockery of our name to Trolls who bash us each year on Ducks Message Board. This was vindication for many that Hockey in California works and it's for everyone. I am not going to tell you how I felt but make it short I ran from room to room shouting "Anaheim Ducks 4ever" before shedding tears of joy. Everyone who knows me including those who read my blog and some "Passion" Posts I make no apologies for my love of the team and of the Region of California that is SoCal. the goals,Saves and when Scott Niedermayer hoist the Stanley Cup with roar of the crowd....I said to myself "Hoist it to Heaven" Captain. the Stanley Cup pass from player to player from Niedermayer Bros to J-S Giguere and Joe Dipenta all the way to Teemu Selanne. Big Roar he recieve send chills down my spine. Still Thinking bout it now made me appreciate and smile knowing this Men and those wore the Ducks Uni with Honor,Pride and Dedication. I think back to that year making a life changing trip in March. Not knowing what to expect and meeting new Friends,I think back to seeing each player Who I follow all my life. 2007 was the Year of the Ducks having capture Pacific Division Title First time at conclusion of 2007..the Push towards the Stanley Cup started with overwhelming Minnisota and Vancouver to the memorable Battle with Detroit. Finnally arriving at the Stanley Cup Final which they wipe away Ottawa with Dominance and Ruthless aggression. Seven years maybe long but forever we must remeber as it was yesterday. Symbolism of that Victory on June 6th goes hand in hand with a great moment in Human History. D-Day began when United States,Canada and it's allies launch the liberation of Europe and free a People. So I say to you all raise a Glass and Toast to not only the Ducks Stanley Cup Victory...But Raise it higher for those who serve well and Landed the beaches of Normandy 70 years ago to liberate the people from Evil :). DuckPride 4ever MooseDuck

No comments:

Post a Comment