Sunday, April 1, 2012

My Ducks Roadtrip:5 years later part2

I remember as if it was yesterday coming to SoCal...My mind was full of what People in Orange County was like. Sometimes i wonder what they are like? are they like on TV or what i hear from people I met in University or in my Hometown.......I left Nova Scotia wondering curious bout the People and how they perceive the Sport and team I love. I have follow the Ducks most of my life. 14 years from 1993 to 2007 when i made that trip. Flying into LAX meeting my Uncle who wanted meet my dad after he retired....he offer to drive me to O.C while him and My Dad catch up on old times. Setting foot in Ayres Inn looking out across the Ponda it made me giddy and full of joy. Whatever anxious moments and nervousness I had was erased by kindness of one man and his family. They treated me well as a equal and I appreciated their generosity that I still to this day wonder how they are doing. Living in Idaho i am not sure what is like one thing is certain i always in their debt for showing me kindness.

Games I attended now are like a old hat to me...Felt like Home. 5 years ago i was awestruck, Hyperventilating and at times can't stop smiling. Getting the autographs and seeing them live change how i view Players and Other Ducks Fans. I feel those local Ducks fans are blessed and never should take things for granted. i know this since I meet folks like Kyle,Stefanie,Larry and Vicky. Flying to and from John Wayne I always wonder if I can live there...find a place to live,get a job and work for the Ducks. A Dream any Canadian kid has.

My experience in 2007 and for past five year made me appreciated and feel very humble. While i attended the 3 Ducks games I contemplated and though of the future and of many things in regards to the team those nights....I though of the past and the present and of the future. I though of the players who wore the Ducks D and Ducks Duck Mask before....I though players who are waiting in the wing and Ducks Legend who has become one of the team's all time Greats. When a Fan such as Myself looks back and forward he knows what it means to be Dedicated.

Often they need to take it a step back... "Dumb it down" as someone I tolerated told me tonite. Knowing what the future holds I stand by what I say when I want the Ducks to Finish strong. If they finish no higher then 12Th so be it. As for the Draft and Draft Lottery I will be watching it But I know a team that is fiscally Responsible and truly a team that is slowly allowing the New Blood to adjust to their duties will do find. Personally I will take a step back and try to get a true understand of My place in Ducks Nation!.

DuckPride 4ever
MooseDuck

No comments:

Post a Comment